• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Balance Change - Fake Attacks

DeletedUser2967

I get that fake attacks are an integral part of the game. But what if there were some sort of drawback from sending a fake attack? Currently, there doesn't seem to be one and anyone can freely send as many fake attacks as they want at very little cost to them as compared to the amount of time and effort spent on trying to figure out what exactly is going on.

To send a fake attack, all it requires is for someone to click a button. To figure out if the attack is fake or not or if one of the attacks might be real and where it could be headed to takes literally hours. Not only does it take time but the coordination between several tribe members/allies and the spying of several villages to determine if their troops are actually headed your way or supporting another village from the village that the attack came from. The comparison between the two is completely unbalanced.

What I was thinking was that if you were to launch an attack on another player that it would require that the attack have at least a minimum amount of provisions. For example, if the minimum amount of provisions were 100, then in order to send a "fake" attack, that player would have to send at least 100 axes or 20 rams or etc. This would at least then prevent the endless spam of fake attacks at no cost to the attacker. If they want to spend the time/resources to send fake attacks, then it would at least cost them something just as it does the players on the receiving end.

DeletedUser1376

There have been fake attacks for as long as I have played the game. It's part of the game . get over it . you organized and now you deal with it. simply have to guess the real attacks from the fake and hope you stack the right villages as has been the case going back yo US 6 when I started

DeletedUser773

The cost of a fake? For the faker One provision, for the fakee , undetermined amount of stress. A note of added value, there is valuable information as to the the progress of the wall.

DeletedUser1376

there are multiple reasons to run fakes : gauging wall levels hiding nukes forcing enemies into making mistakes and setting up noble train runs

DeletedUser2967

I am not stating that fake attacks should be removed, simply that they should be balanced. The effort required to determine if real attacks were sent and where they might be headed is leaps and bounds over the amount of effort to send a few fakes. Even if there are multiple reasons to run those fakes, there is virtually no drawback to doing so.

DeletedUser2604

It’s call fake limit. Tw1 has that. It requires certain amount of troops to be send in fake attack

DeletedUser1376

plus never played TW1 but my understanding is that there are huge differences over all
I know in TW2 players forgo buildings to maximize amounts of provisions for attack

DeletedUser2967

Well, if it were implemented in TW1, there had to have been a reason for doing so. And, I assume that reason was to limit the amount of spam sent out as it would have cost time and resources to do so as opposed to no costs at all. If that is a strategy that your tribe chooses to employ, then it should cost your tribe the time and resources to do so as it does the tribe on the receiving end.

DeletedUser1376

great players have had attacks spammed at them in the hundreds from multiple players . it serves its purpose changing this would change the game completely and to be honest wait til you are dealing with deceivers on a regular basis

DeletedUser2967

Changing it would make it more balanced. That's all I'm simply stating. Regardless of whether you'd like it or not.

DeletedUser1376

would it though . it would kill long noble trains and long range nukes . if you knew where players were attacking or they had to eat up 500 provisions for fakes . look at some of the older EN worlds and youd quickly see what I am talking about . You want this because you are simply not liking no knowing where to defend . simple as that .

DeletedUser2967

If a game requires you to constantly guess at all hours of the day, then where is the skill in that? Where is the drawback of sending out tens if not hundreds of fakes every single day? If you want to coordinate an attack and surgically conquer a village, there should be skill involved. What I am seeing happening right now requires very little if any coordination or skill at all as opposed to the coordination and skill required from the players on the receiving end of constant fake attacks.

DeletedUser1376

It requires you to choose targets to defend while being able to attack . I certainly am not going to get into strategies with you . Echo could give you some insight . These worlds today are smaller than ever and you forget that players that are bigger are already at a disadvantage with morale penalties . Im hitting you all with a 50 -65 % penalty in most cases

DeletedUser2967

Right, but morale still doesn't prevent you from spamming fake attacks without the spending of time/resources to do so. Having to spend the time/resources to send fake attacks would bring the strategy of doing so into balance with having to deal with figuring out the best village(s) to stack your defense in.

DeletedUser1376

it would actually hurt you more than me . I have farm at 30 +20% so I can afford to spam out 10 attacks . what about the guy with farm 21 ?
not to mention that Inno sells deceivers for the intention of sending fake noble runs why would they give up on making money
a 3rd point is what about on more developed servers where players are sitting with hundreds of villages and can simply spam from different villages so there would be an advantage in the middle to late game not afforded to newer or smaller world s

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2967

Why would it hurt me more than you? If I were to choose to send out fake attacks, I would spend the time/resources to do so and have coordinated a plan to surgically attack one or more of your villages. Spamming fake attacks is dull and boring. It requires no skill, no thought, zero effort and little coordination. Whereas the other side requires the skill, thought, effort and coordination to provide support in the appropriate villages. This is absolutely and completely not balanced. Even if the advantage is still in your favor, it would at least cause you to spend the time/resources/money to do so and require you to better coordinate with your own tribe/allies if you did want to keep spamming fake attacks.

DeletedUser1376

okay man you do things your way . spamming attacks is actually a complicated strategy for it to work . so you gotta do you but with every great player that has played this game in over the ten years I played knows the value of spamming attacks to set up other strategies. death stars fobs fake trains long and short range nukes etc . but hey you know best so
(okay so something more like 6 years of playing this)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2967

Yes, spamming attacks would help in setting up strategies, but you have still failed to address the fact that it is completely unbalanced.