• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Barbaran villages

DeletedUser207

What determines the growth of a barbarian village? We have been playing for a few months now and My Boyfriend has noticed that the B-villages in the providence's around him are going up and the ones in his are not growing that fast. Is there a reason for this?

Tokano

Not a Mod
There are different speculations as to what actually makes them grow. What is important is the world you are on because it could potentially have different settings altogether.
The general consensus on Alnwick is that the more you farm them, the more they grow.
The general consensus on Bastille is that the more you farm them, the less they grow.
The other two worlds for US I am unsure what they think makes them grow over there because I've never played those worlds.

I know that in TW1 it was more or less just whatever the server decided the barbs would be. The barbs in TW1 would grow to about 2500 then shrink down to 600 and then go back up to 2500. So if we assume they borrowed from TW1, it's just an algorithm that we can't see and can barely influence. This is where the concept of "barb shaping" comes in. When you spy the buildings of a barb and you know their point cap, you can kind of manipulate the sequence in which it builds. If you cat down the buildings that it doesn't need for resources, there is a chance that the algorithm will decide to build more resource buildings. Then let's say you want to noble the barb, you can then bring the barb down from the max barb cap and try to get it to build the HQ, barracks, and other buildings for you. Thus, you are shaping the barb how you need it to be in your area.

I hope this helps. I kind of rambled a bit and I am sorry for that.

DeletedUser

they do stop growing after 2300 points or something close to that number

DeletedUser

That would make sense, I've farmed the hell out of mine near my first few villages and they are much bigger than the ones that have been farmed less around my newest provinces.

Tokano

Not a Mod
So when they stop growing, spy their buildings and see if they are maxed out on their warehouse and resource pits. If they are, fantastic. If they're not, well, you have some work to do.
You can knock down their non-resource yielding buildings with your cats and they'll start building something else - hopefully a resource yield of sorts.

DeletedUser282

I have been trying some barb shaping and all I have seen is the buildings I knock down grow back.....faster if that is even possible. I have knocked down the market and tavern in one barb multiple times and a few days later they are back close to the original number.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Hmm... What level pits and warehouse does the barb have? Also, does the barb have the farm space for anything else?
I've had instances where the barbs went into a loop, like you described, so I catted down the farm and they rebuilt it higher and then built higher pits. I must admit, the first time I tried that, it was out of frustration. xP

DeletedUser282

I had catted the farm to one on accident, same with the HQ. They bounced back, then the tavern and market. I will have to start keeping better track, but at one point I had the barb down from 1700 points to 500. I was trying to knock the non-resource buildings to match what I have seen on the high resource high warehouse barbs hoping the macro would take over and start growing the pits and warehouse, so far it just keeps growing the non-resource stuff back.

Tokano

Not a Mod
What it builds back up is random (or it should be anyway) and I suppose the probability for it to choose a resource pit or the warehouse is around 25%. It sounds like you're either having bad luck or for some reason once the barbs build it, they insist on keeping it. Which would be poor design since it would give some areas more advantages and other areas none.

DeletedUser

In Eremitage I notice the more I farm the Barbarians the faster they grow.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Necromonger;n3240 said:
In Eremitage I notice the more I farm the Barbarians the faster they grow.

Just out of curiosity, how many times a day would you estimate you and the others around you are hitting the barb in a day?
I've been collecting data on this from my own personal experiences and I want to see if Alnwick's barb growth rate is the same as other worlds. That will help me narrow down the numbers behind it all and maybe eventually have a rough idea of X amount of hits means X amount of points in growth. Or even, X amount of hits means the algorithm triggers X building to build.

DeletedUser394

Tokano, I am getting the opposite of Necormonger. On Eremitage(US), the barbs in my entire province are between 139-147. I farm around 4-8 times a day, depending on distance and hauls.

While other province have much higher barbs:

NE 265-277pts - 5 Active players - med farming
N 143-157pts - 3 Active players - high farming
NW 144-149pts - 2 Active players - high farming
SW 192-208pts - 2 Active players - med farming
S 107-119pts - 2 Active players - med farming
SE 191-204pts - 3 Active players - med farming

Everything south spawned later, Active player 500+ pts or so. All 5 of 6 province has at least one 1k pt village.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Interesting...
Check with your tribe and see if there is a barb that they are surrounding and probably farming exclusively. Try and get a rough timeline for how often they hit it (if one exists).
It could be that players are over/under farming the barbs in certain areas. Barbs need resources to build, too. xP

DeletedUser

Tokano;n3273 said:
Just out of curiosity, how many times a day would you estimate you and the others around you are hitting the barb in a day?
I've been collecting data on this from my own personal experiences and I want to see if Alnwick's barb growth rate is the same as other worlds. That will help me narrow down the numbers behind it all and maybe eventually have a rough idea of X amount of hits means X amount of points in growth. Or even, X amount of hits means the algorithm triggers X building to build.

Me personally farm each village about 5 times in a day in the province, I'm the active one and there are 1 semi active: barb villages growing from 6 to 9 points a day. 192 to 197 pts

N 94 - 104 pts - 1 Active player - low farming
NE 159 -168 pts - 2 Active players - med farming
E 114 -115 pts - 1 Active player - low farming
SE 220 - 227 pts - 3 Active players - med farming
S 192 - 197 pts - 2 Active players- med farming
SW 208 -212 - 5 Active players - high farming
NW 213 -214 - 2 Active players - med farming

I do farm a lot and out of 31 Master of loot uses, only 3 improved a Barb village. The only thing good i find about them is the speed boost and the carried boost.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Necromonger;n3402 said:
I do farm a lot and out of 31 Master of loot uses, only 3 improved a Barb village. The only thing good i find about them is the speed boost and the carried boost.

Yeah, never expect the Master of Loot items to actually improve the buildings of the barb. It rarely triggers.

DeletedUser

Tokano;n3429 said:
Yeah, never expect the Master of Loot items to actually improve the buildings of the barb. It rarely triggers.

I notice and I'm glad I got them for free by doing quests and resource deposits. I don't see people spending money on stuff that don't really work.