• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Losing Noble Coins

DeletedUser

Hey all, Thought I'd give it another try at implementing a well needed future.

Issue 1
Noble coins, The way they work is fine, to a point. Barb munchers and MRT's are ruining every world I come across. It's especially happening on W9. TFR takes 17 IMP villages in one night, they take 17 barbs the next morning. It gets to be a major waste of a farm and a waste of time trying to build up their crappy cities. TFR is a 80 member max tribe. We're fighting just about the whole server. We seem to be one of the very very few tribes that like to use our offensive troops on other players. All we see is CQD and IMP nobling 50+ barbs a day, we can;t keep up with their barb munching ways.

Suggestions For Issue 1
A.
One way I suggest we combat this issue is by removing the coins it takes to make a noble when they lose a city. As of now, if you lose a city you pop a noble and eat another (Most eat barbs). We can have it set to: IF you lose a city, you lose the coins it takes to make the closest noble. IE. If a player has 30 nobles in waiting, we take away the coins for their 31'st (As they would automatically get it from losing their city). Seems simple enough, and will at least slow down all the crap MRT's in this game.

B. Place nobles in the hospital or on Ice for 7-14 days. It allows the player to still have said nobles, but stops them from capturing a barbarian village right away. - Turtlopis

Problems With Solutions For These Issues
A. What about Morale/Faith issues due to players losing their cities? -Jaded One
1. The game has Morale for a reason. I'm sure most of the players on TW2 will take the morale issues (As most already are) over having to farm their lives off to get more nobles to constantly eat more cities from barb eaters.
2. Faith has nothing to do with this argument. If you don't lose a village, you wont have a noble sitting on "Ice." It will still allow you to take more villages.
Issue 2
Another problem with nobles are their loyalty hits. I've seen 3 nobles cap a city, but I've also seen hundreds of noble trains with 4 nobles fail. We need to bring back the 25 minimum loyalty hits. We all know that failing to cap a city with 4 nobles means you won't be getting the city for quite a while. It's a major waste of time.

Thanks for your time,
The Ruthless coldog22

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

PLEASE make this change. It is completely insane to think that you lose a village and all it amounts to is the resources to spawn a new noble. Just sending 4 nobles at a village that falls in 3 nobles is the same loss. Completely not fair.

DeletedUser1295

I agree with james and coldog, I think we really need that change
any other suggestions how to deal with the problem are welcome

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1260

Gentlemen, you want to change the whole nobling structure that makes the game what it is? This game was structured to make it an even playing field for all. The ones that use crowns and the ones that don't, the ones that want to stay small and the ones that want to be monsters. You want them to change the whole system on how we noble a village?

DeletedUser

Gentlemen, you want to change the whole nobling structure that makes the game what it is? This game was structured to make it an even playing field for all. The ones that use crowns and the ones that don't, the ones that want to stay small and the ones that want to be monsters. You want them to change the whole system on how we noble a village?
Isn't the answer obvious?
THis game is purely based around crowns. The more money you have the stronger you become. You can literally never lose a single village if you "Crown" properly.
Our issue here is a simple fix. TW1 has a minimum 25 loyalty hit, I don;t see why we need to send 5 nobles to cap our selves 90% of the time. It is costing us another 240k resources for a noble. We're tire of MRT's that are mass munching barbs. It's getting beyond stupid and pointless. It's becoming worthless to continue playing the game, knowing that in 2 years from now I'll have to farm my guts out for 1 simple noble to be produced to cap another barb they took.

DeletedUser

It no longer becomes an "Even playing field" when a group of 200 simple cap barbs until there's nothing left to farm.

DeletedUser

I haven't bought any crowns... but this is too separate discussions.

On TW1, this mass barb eating problem is fixed on some servers with the church system. Churches go up to level 3 and you get 1 Noble for every church level. If you lose a village with a level 3 church, you lose the ability to build 3 Nobles.

I've read here many times that TW2 want to encourage MORE combat. Allowing tribes to continue to simply Noble barbs does not encourage combat on their side, at all. We take a village from them, they don't fight back, they simply use the new Noble they gain by that loss to take another barb and it continues over and over and over again. What good behavior is modeled here for players or for Innogames? Are we trying to encourage "survive as long as you can" play? This isn't called Tribal Hide and Seek.

DeletedUser1295

player who lost a village can quickly make a new noble and take another barbarian village, some of them are very irritating and really hard to get rid of
the idea is to make him lose a bit more than just the village (and one noble to produce)
if there is better way to solve the problem we are listening

DeletedUser

http://www.tw2-tools.com/us9/conquests/tribe/564/

That page summarizes the problem perfectly. Lets look at IMP for December 21st. They had 132 villages change hands. They lost 33 villages to other players... gained 27 villages from other players... and gained 72 villages from Barbs!!! SEVENTY-TWO!!!!!!! In a single day!!!

So if we're at war (and we are)... we're ahead... 33 villages to 27 (not that any of those losses were TFR, but different issue)... and yet somehow they are up net 66 villages in a single day. That's not a problem? That's the reason worlds take 2 years to complete. That's the #1 reason committed players (you know, the kind that'll occasionally buy some crowns) quit.

DeletedUser1260

Gentlemen it is up to the tribes to decide whether they eat barbs or not. You said coldogg you have seen nobles get creamed on villages. What size village were you attacking? Crowns are still limited to the amount of rez a player has and farmspaces. They can't buy rez. I did not play with crowns for my first 6 worlds. Only reason I do now is because I get them once a month from working here :D

Barb munching has been a problem since the beginning of the game. Some people feel it is a strategy that works. MRTs were put under control with the new tribe skills. I would hope. I can just say that some people are afraid to attack real players. You want barb munching to stop take out the player doing it.
Changing the noble system is not going to change how people think they should play their game.

DeletedUser

You are again wrong. When you control that many barbs, your resource production rate goes up. Lets say a player owns 100 villages with maxed mines. They can make 200 coins per day if doing nothing else. THese guys can farm, theu simply choose to enter our provinces and eat everything they see. It costs us way more nobles than it does them, as they simply stay at the same rate after we take it al from them. MRT's can be orginized, these idiots just choose to munch on barbs.
The tribeal skill level does NOTHING to stop MRt's and barb munchers. It doesn;t increase the cost for coins, it doesn;t increase the cost for nobles, it doesnt do anything to stop them. All they have to do is tell their players "Donate all your resources once a week to stay in the tribe, with that we can max our member count within the first 10 levels) SUPER CHEAP ON RESOURCES.
Changing the noble system will not change their game play, but it will severly slow them down.

DeletedUser1260

Again the only way to stop a barb nobler is to eat them. Every time they take one take it back. I know I used to make 240 coins a day but that was on my first world when I didn't coin. Coldogg I can tell you I have been fighting an uphill battle on trying to get people to stop eating barbs.

DeletedUser1294

I for one completely agree with coldog, if you lose a village that shouldn't ever mean you gain a noble. The noble is lost with the village. If they want to much a barb that's fine, but they should need to coin a noble first, not be handed one on a silver platter...!

DeletedUser

Again the only way to stop a barb nobler is to eat them. Every time they take one take it back. I know I used to make 240 coins a day but that was on my first world when I didn't coin. Coldogg I can tell you I have been fighting an uphill battle on trying to get people to stop eating barbs.
240 coins is nothing... Turtlopis is making close to 1000 coins a day, but he's still strugling against the 72 BARBS THEY TAKE PER DAY
I don't know why you're fighting against us, we want whats best for TW2.

DeletedUser1260

Well coldogg yes we all want the best, but as long as there is no true endgame and the only way to win a world is by percentages, tribes are going to take the easiest route to get there. Some worlds are just merging the biggest players to get there. I wish we couldn't take any barbs. Changing the nobling system is not going to keep people from taking barbs.

DeletedUser1260

It won't slow them, they will eat babs regardless that is their strategy.

DeletedUser

Sorry, how do you eat them?
I have say 140 villages... 12 trains... I want to eat a 30 village barb Nobler.
Day 1, I hit him with all 12 trains and say 24 Nukes and knock him to 18 villages dropping myself down to 36 Nobles (from 48).
Day 2, he Nobles 12 new barbs cause bouncing Nobles off barbs is fast and easy. I hit him with 9 more trains and drop him to 21 villages (30 - 12 + 12 - 9).
Day 3, he nobles 9 new villages, now I'm down to like 27 Nobles... and can only take 6 villages. I'm falling behind!

To stay status quo, all he has to do is rebuild a Noble. I need to mint 220 coins just to build a new Noble... only so he can rebuild the Noble and cost me 221 coins to take that village... so he can rebuild the Noble and cost me 222 coins...

There are a couple solutions. The easiest is, you use a Noble, it's gone. You'll get some push back from people Over Nobling villages (5 Noble trains) but that's life.

You could increase the cost of Nobles significantly and make the Noble itself more of the cost versus the coins. That could help some.

You could GREATLY increase the loyalty of Barbs... to say 400 loyalty. Now if I want to eat a 30 village player, I can potentially take over his entire account faster than he can re-Noble 29 new villages.

All of these would help stop this BS.