• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Morale penalty for excessive fake attacks...

DeletedUser

sending fakes does not take skill
stacking the only city under atk does not take skill
Disliking a system does not take skill

Defending a city against an onslaught takes skills. Some which many have
Defending the realtarget city against thousands of fakes takes skills, which fewer have.
Defending the real target city against thousands of timed fakes takes skills, which only a handful have.

You sit hear and whine about getting faked, and i have to agree, they don't need to fake you, you are not worthy of that much effort.

Icedragon, coolnite7 (disagree or not), possibly tokano, they are worthy of getting fakes. This is not a tactic meant be used on every day foes, I personally test the water and ability of the person I am attacking before working really hard at faking.

This is not a tactic meant to show the skill of an attacker, it is a tactic meant to show the skill of the defender. So I repeat yet again, you want to survive, earn it.

Also if we had money do you think we would mod for this game... we poor :(

Tokano

Not a Mod
I'm just going to chop up your statements into little chunks.
The people defending this crap seem to think it is some form of skill to be able to mash a button to send 1000s of fakes lol.
Nobody has ever said the act of sending fakes is a skill. The skill lies in how close together you can get those fakes to resemble real attacks to either force your opponent to stack his village, dodge entirely, or to split their defenses. Overwhelming and tricking your opponents is most certainly a skill.
The "its a war game bro" argument is basically meaningless since what we're talking about is simple abusing of a faulty warning system mechanic.
This isn't mechanic abuse or a faulty system. Everything works as intended and instead of saying "I don't like something so it must be a flaw" is ridiculous. If you don't want to see fakes coming at you, hit the little red X next to each incoming attack to hide them.
It doesn't make you skillful to be able to do it, and if someone thinks it's stupid it's not because "they cant handle it!" so stop trying to convince yourself that you're special. I just dont want to have to handle it, it doesn't make for fun or interesting gameplay in any way.
Once again, I've never seen anyone claim to be skilled because they sent fakes. I've seen people claim skill based on the time between each fake, but never because they sent fakes. If you don't want to handle it, I have news for you... Suck it up, buttercup. This is a war game, what you want isn't what you always get. You seem to think what is fun for you is what is fun for everyone, which most definitely isn't the case. I personally enjoy waking up and seeing 10,000 attacks coming at me, it makes for an interesting day.
If you want to talk about logic, how does suiciding hundreds of troops in 1 by 1 to trigger an over-simplified warning system make any sense? You obviously wouldn't see it in real life and I've never seen it in other games, a mistake / lack of foresight is the only reason it is in this one.
This is a game of numbers with no basis in historical accuracy or fact. Real life events has no bearing on how the game and battle system works. As for not seeing this tactic in any other game... It's actually something you see in Tribal Wars 1, Chess, Go, and a number of other strategy games. By distracting your enemy, you can gain the upper-hand. It just so happens that in Tribal Wars 2, the best way to distract players is with attacks and spies. Spies are expensive and don't trigger alarms, rams are cheap and make people panic. I choose the ram fake.
Not sure why I'm even posting here lol, it seems pretty obvious this forum is made up of a small handful of people who probably dumped their life savings into this game and don't want anything to change ever :p
I'm pretty sure DC and I have never dropped more than $100 combined into this game over the course of two years. I think I bought crowns back on US1 once or twice and I don't know if DC did, so that could be a high estimate. We're open to change, just not people who want to preach how to play the game their way.

DeletedUser1487

If you want to talk about logic, how does suiciding hundreds of troops in 1 by 1 to trigger an over-simplified warning system make any sense? You obviously wouldn't see it in real life and I've never seen it in other games, a mistake / lack of foresight is the only reason it is in this one.

Not sure why I'm even posting here lol, it seems pretty obvious this forum is made up of a small handful of people who probably dumped their life savings into this game and don't want anything to change ever :p

You do your way, I'll do mine. Your way is tough, but can be done, but given the amount of whining you have been doing, I wonder if you even can

Why change something that doesn't NEED to be changed? This isn't a faulty system. How I see it, this system is a system that can be formed to each player's playing style. Far as I know, mods don't get paid, and for the work they do, they should. So there is another one of your points proven wrong.

DeletedUser1253

I suggest if someone sends lots of attacks that lose badly, he pays a morale penalty on future attacks in same 24 hours.

In my experience when players gang up on me and don't win, they resort to large amounts of fakes, which in my opinion makes game more silly and less fun. 100s of attacks a day from a few players each only having a few villages gets boring, I can fight it off but many others simply quit game and never come back. Especially when they send more fakes the less army they have left.

So I can send 100s of fakes back with a few attacks, becomes dumb and dumber rather than a "war game".

I've played against defenders who are so good at flexing support I'd have to send like 3k fakes just to land a few village grabs. Thumbs down.

DeletedUser1487

Another example why fakes are needed. Imagine what would have been done if dreg didn't send fakes, this guy would have stacked these villages sky high.

DeletedUser1500

I've played against defenders who are so good at flexing support I'd have to send like 3k fakes just to land a few village grabs. Thumbs down.
I personally enjoy the strategy behind understanding an opponent. Fakes are the only thing that will hide what your trying to accomplish...and 90% of those I will figure out in time. Otherwise...your troops and nobles are going die!
That's not bragging, that's saying that you absolutely have to fake me to even think about taking a villa. So it is a solid tactic that is used against me, and I use against others.